Re-everything & London office
The flagship feature of version 2020.2 was supposed to be the long awaited search functionality.
Then COVID-19 happened, with team sick during the first wave, contractors vanishing, funding negotiations falling through, and our home city of Melbourne winning one of the longest and strictest lockdowns of the western world.
In the end, we didn't get the search done. But we got a lot of Re*.
- Recuperating from the nasty stuff.
- Relocating homes first within Melbourne to places suitable for COVID era work-from-home.
- Relocating again couple of months later to the Island of Mist and Misery, officially known as the Great Britain, and setting up London office.
- Reincorporating BugJail Ltd, under the glorious supervision of Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.
- Rethinking the long term vision. BugJail ain't going to be only a debugger.
- Redesigning the architecture, as required by the changed long term vision.
- Rewriting the front-end application completely, with the latest web technologies.
- Relaxing a bit. What a weird year.
BugJail 2020.2 contains no new features. Nada.